EUROSTUDENT IS AN OFFICIAL PARTNER OF MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA
The Medical University of Silesia is the largest medical school in Poland. It has been established on the 20th of March 1948.
Type: Public Medical University
Main specializations: Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmaceutical science
Students (total): more than 10 000
Academic staff: 1 300
Accreditation & Recognition:
- Polish Accreditation Committee,
- Accreditation Committee of Academic Medical Universities,
- US Department of Education,
- Medical Board of New York,
- Medical Board of California
The mission of the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice is to discover and pass the truth through undertaken researches, up-to-date education of students in medical professions in connection with raising in the spirit of respecting the freedom of knowledge, humanism and ethics as well as cooperation with the social and economic environment.
The University is supervised by the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science and Higher Education. They offer two types of medical program – European and International. Candidates can apply for admission twice a year – in fall semester (European and International programs) and in spring semester (International program). The University accepts applications from both foreign candidates as well as from Polish citizens.
MEDICAL EDUCATION IN POLAND
To get a medical education in Poland is prestigious, because Poland is part of the European Union and the diploma that you get here enables you to work in all EU countries. This difficult way is worth it to go through.
Poland is a member of:
- the European Union (EU),
- the Schengen Area,
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO),
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF),
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO),
- United Nations (UN),
- International Monetary Fund (IMF),
- World Health Organisation (WHO),
- World Trade Organisation (WTO),
- Organisation for Cooperation and Development (OECD) and many others.
In Poland, you will be able to master the future profession and gain practical skills, because the level of study here is very high. The program includes a lot of practice, and teachers of Polish universities are doctors or practitioners. They are probably experts in their field.
Poland is a country located in Central Europe, capital and largest metropolis is Warsaw.
Poland is bordered by the Baltic Sea, Lithuania, and Russia’s Kaliningrad Oblast to the north, Belarus and Ukraine to the east, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to the south, and Germany to the west. Оn 1st of May 2004 Poland became a full member of European Union, and joined the Schengen Area in 2007.
The climate is mostly temperate throughout the country. Summers are generally warm, with average temperatures between 18 and 30 °C (64.4 and 86.0 °F) depending on the region. Winters are rather cold, with average temperatures around 3 °C (37.4 °F) in the northwest and −6 °C (21 °F) in the northeast. Precipitation falls throughout the year, although, especially in the east, winter is drier than summer.
Study in the centre of Europe:
- diploma recognized by all EU countries
- more than 1.2 million students studying in Poland
- cheap accommodation
- high quality of education
- openness to foreign students
Candidates are required to apply through Electronic Application Form to which scan copies of the following documents must be attached:
- original or notarized copy of high school diploma,
- identification document (to be presented for verification), scanned ID/passport photo (resolution: 300 DPI),
- certificate documenting English language fluency level (as specified here), receipt of registration fee payment in the amount of 85 PLN (transferred to this account number),
- health certificate confirming no objections to take up studies in respective fields – applies to candidates who were successfully admitted to the study program by the University Admission Committee,
- Apostille – in case when the high school/college diploma was issued by an institution operating in the educational system of a Hague Convention Contracting country, as of October 5th, 1961, which waives the requirement of legalization of foreign government documents,
- certificate issued by the Polish Superintendent of Education stating an approval of high school/college diploma – in case of documents not recognized in Poland by operation of law, issued in a country with which Republic of Poland did not sign a mutual educational. Document recognition contract, or a document from a country with which Poland has the above-mentioned contract but the document is not covered in it, NOTE: this certificate is to be obtained only after arrival to Katowice.
All documents must be issued in English language. If the original document is issued in another language, a sworn translation into English is required.
- Candidates will receive a list of questions to prepare for exam of Chemistry, Physics and Biology
- The exam is administered in the form of a videoconference in real time through application Microsoft Teams available from Microsoft Office 365.
- The examination procedure starts with verification of identity of the candidate thorough visual examination of the ID with a photograph. Persons holding no document to prove their identity shall not be admitted to the examination procedures.
- A candidate draws the question set randomly by giving a question set number. The member of the Examination Board may ask the candidate additional questions within the scope of the selected questions.
- The contents of question set shall be presented to a candidate in an explicit and clear manner.
- After receiving the questions, candidate is provided with 15 min. period for preparing (with web camera and microphone running).
Katowice – a Polish city, which is located in Upper Silesia. This city is the capital of the Silesian Voivodeship, which was a province in the Republic of Poland. It is a city of great importance for its industrial and financial structure. It is an interesting and cultural city, very modern, in which its modern buildings stand out.
Today Katowice is an important transport knot on the old world. This status is facilitated by a convenient geographical location: 600 kilometers from the city are located at once 6 European capitals (Warsaw, Budapest, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, and Bratislava).
TUTION & FEES
The amount of tuition fees for students starting education in the academic year 2022/2023:
Faculty of Medical Sciences in Katowice program:
- medicine – 52 000 PLN for year
(26 000 PLN for winter semester and 26 000 PLN for summer semester)
Faculty of Medical Sciences in Zabrze program:
- medicine and dentistry – 55 000 PLN for year
(27 500 PLN for winter semester and 27 500 PLN for summer semester)
Dormitories are located on the campus of the University at 24 and 26 Medyków Street in Katowice-Ligota.
Dormitory at 24 Medyków Street offers 112 single rooms. Each room has a kitchenette and a bathroom with a sink, shower or bathtub and a toilet. Each room has access to the Internet.
Dormitory at 26 Medyków Street offers 98 single rooms. Each room has a kitchenette and a bathroom with a sink, shower, and toilet. Each room has access to the Internet. In addition, students of these dormitories can use quiet study rooms, laundry and parking.
According to the SUM Rector’s Ordinance, the price list is as follows:
Basic standard rooms:
- Place in a 21 m² room – PLN 740.00 per person
- Place in a 27 m² room – PLN 810.00 per person
Rooms of a higher standard:
- Place in a 21 m² room – PLN 900.00 per person
- Place in a 27 m² room – PLN 1000.00 per person
EUROSTUDENT’S MEDICAL PACKAGE
Check out our offer and contact us to discuss the details of cooperation.
PROXY MED – MEDICAL UNIVERITY OF SILESIAN
- Assistance in choosing, faculty, and specialization at partner’s medical university by the individual requirements and possibilities of the candidate
- Consultations during the admission process at the Medical University of Silesian
- Preparation of a package of required documents by the requirements of the Ministry of National Education and the Medical University of Silesian
- Electronic candidate registration
- Settlement of all formalities related to the candidate’s enrolment
- Representing the interests of candidates in the enrolment process
- Providing a curriculum for entrance exam
- Obtaining the admission decision and delivering it to the student
- Consultation and student support in the visa process
- Providing a package of useful information which include important telephone numbers, addresses, city map, access routes to the university, contact to the Eurostudent central office in Warsaw
- Prepare a list of things to take with you to Poland
- Nostrification of documents at the Board of Education
- Providing accommodation and contact with the landlord
- Pick up service
- 24/7 hotline – emergency assistance (1 year)
- Acquaintance with the city and the most important places (university, nearby shops, exchange office, etc.)
- Familiarization with the rules of using public transport (assistance in the purchase of one-way tickets or registration of a monthly travel document)
- Consultations and assistance in the further legalization in Poland (providing information about obtaining a temporary residence card or another visa)
- Advice and assistance in drawing up a state insurance policy and signing a contract with the National Health Fund
- Support from the Polish office (coordination of the first months of stay, if necessary, help in solving problems during the entire study period)
- Help in opening a bank account (optional)
- Assistance in the purchasing and registration of a SIM card